Why Buy a Heat Pump?
Looking for a sustainable and energy-efficient heating and cooling solution for your Salt Lake City home? Install a heat pump!
With a heat pump, you can lower your energy bills and improve your comfort at home while also helping the environment.
At Just Right Heating & Cooling, our commitment to delivering top-quality solutions to families and residents throughout Utah is at the heart of everything we do.
We know how important it is to have a comfortable and energy-efficient home, which is why we offer a wide range of services tailored to meet your specific heat pump needs. From heat pump installation and replacement to repairs and maintenance, we do it all.
What Exactly Is a Heat Pump and How Does It Work?
If you aren’t familiar with heat pumps and how they operate, they work by transferring warm air from one place to another—rather than generating heat. As a result, heat pumps are extremely energy efficient.
More specifically, your heat pump will provide heating for your home during the colder months by extracting warm air from the outdoor air (even in low temperatures) and transferring it inside.
For cooling during the warmer months, your heat pump works in reverse: it will remove warm air from inside your home and transfer it outside to keep your home cool.
This process uses less energy than traditional heating methods, which means lower utility bills for you.
For example, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) estimates that homes with ENERGY STAR® heat pumps spend less than $600 on heating bills for the entire winter, which is hundreds of dollars less than it would cost with just a furnace for heating.
Advantages of Heat Pumps
Start enjoying these benefits when you invest in a heat pump for your home:
- Lower Operating Costs: As mentioned above, heat pumps are extremely energy efficient, which results in lower monthly energy bills. They are cheaper to run, and the cost savings will add up significantly over time.
- Environmental Benefits: Heat pumps are environmentally friendly—they don’t burn fuel to generate heat. Heat pumps use electricity to transfer heat, which means you will reduce your carbon footprint and improve your home’s indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Dual-Purpose: Heat pumps offer both heating and cooling capabilities in a single unit. You can enjoy year-round comfort without the need for two separate systems, like an air conditioner and a furnace.
- Quiet Operation: Heat pumps operate quietly, which means you can relax and enjoy the comfort of your home without having to hear any loud operating noises.
- Increases Property Value: Upgrading to a heat pump can also boost your home’s value and act as an enticing selling point if you decide to list your home for sale.
Why Now Is the Best Time to Invest in a Heat Pump
Heat pumps are becoming extremely popular and even more efficient and affordable. The potential for long-term energy savings can be a nice incentive that helps prove the initial investment is worth it.
Starting as of January 1, 2023, as part of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), you can claim a federal tax credit of up to $2,000 on a qualifying air-source heat pump, which can help offset some of the cost.
Choosing a heat pump for your home is a smart decision that will help you enjoy optimal comfort and provide you with significant savings over time.
As we move towards a cleaner and greener world, embracing energy-efficient technology is critical. That’s why now is the perfect time to invest in a heat pump for your home! Start enjoying the many advantages of a heat pump—contact Just Right Heating & Cooling to select and install a heat pump today.
Ready to Install a Heat Pump In Your Home?
Just Right Heating & Cooling can help you choose the right heat pump make and model for your Salt Lake City, UT, home and install it for you. Lower your utility costs and keep more money in your pocket each month! Call us to get started at (801) 923-7869 or request service online today.