Air Conditioning Maintenance
Utah weather is unpredictable. When it's spring along Utah's Wasatch Front, that means summer is just around the corner. Or it might snow.
Because Utah weather can be so unpredictable, you need a reliable heating and air conditioning (AC) system. During those hot, muggy days of summer, you want a system that can quickly cool your Salt Lake City home and maintain your indoor air quality (IAQ).
You can trust Just Right Heating & Cooling to maintain all your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment so that it provides quality service for years to come. We are licensed, insured, and bonded. Our NATE-certified technicians are the best in the business.
You want to be sure your air conditioner keeps you comfortable throughout our summer months, no matter if you’re living in Layton, Kaysville, Park City, West Valley, Draper, South Jordan, Magna, or anywhere in between.
Rejuvenate Your AC System
We do our best to help you get the most value out of your equipment. That’s why we offer a Comfort Rewards Program designed to save you money and leave your maintenance worries behind. We tailor these plans to meet your needs and budget. Give us a call today.
Let’s bring your air conditioning system back to life! Our team knows how to rejuvenate an old AC unit—even if you neglected to schedule tune-ups in the past. These are expensive systems to replace—you can trust our company to keep your system running.
Five Reasons to Maintain Your AC Unit in Utah
Protect your manufacturer warranty
All air conditioners under warranty require yearly maintenance to keep the warranty valid. You take your car in for regular maintenance—apply that same strategy to your HVAC system.
Lower your energy use
A poorly maintained piece of equipment works harder to get the job done. In the case of your air conditioner, that means using more electricity to cool down your home.
Help the environment
We all want to be good stewards when it comes to protecting our state’s natural resources. Replacing your old system reduces your energy use. Plus, you can qualify for rebates and tax credits.
Avoid a costly repair
Our NATE-certified team often uncovers a hidden issue before it turns into a costly and inconvenient repair.
Create a more comfortable home
We can get some pretty extreme weather in Utah. Combat the heat, reduce the mugginess, maintain your HVAC system!
What Does an AC Tune-Up Include?
Ultimately, the best time for annual air conditioning maintenance is whenever you can schedule it. But waiting until the middle of summer to schedule a tune-up could exacerbate problems in need of repair and cost you more money in utility bills.
The sweet spot for annual maintenance is in March, April, and early May. Our yearly inspection and maintenance of your air conditioning include:
- Check the thermostat calibration—for accurate control and to prevent the system from running longer than necessary, increasing energy use.
- Test the voltage distributors—to extend motor life, prevent overheating, and reduce energy use.
- Clean or replace the air filter—to reduce energy use, increase airflow, improve indoor air quality, and improve comfort.
- Inspect the cooling coil—For dirt and debris that can rob the system of energy and performance.
- Visually inspect the ductwork—to identify obvious leaks which reduce efficiency and comfort.
- Inspect the power solenoid for excessive wear—to ensure proper operations and long life and to ensure reliable operation on demand.
- Inspect and tighten the electrical connections—to ensure uninterrupted operations and prevent burned wires.
- Examine the condenser fan motor bearings for wear—to ensure reliable operation.
- Lubricate all the serviceable moving parts—to maintain efficiency and extend the equipment life.
- Clean the condenser coils—to reduce energy, improve capacity, and extend the equipment life.
- Clean the condenser exterior—just to keep it looking nice.
- Verify the proper power supply to the equipment—to ensure proper operations and long life.
- Test the motor amperage—to ensure proper energy usage and reliable operation.
- Inspect and evaluate the safety controls—to ensure your safety and protection.
- Evaluate the temperature difference across the cooling coil—to ensure proper airflow and system efficiency.
- Check the refrigerant levels—to reduce energy, improve capacity, and extend the equipment life.
- Check the compressor cooling system—to extend the compressor life and prevent overheating.
- Check the approach temperature—to reduce energy, improve capacity, and extend the equipment life.
- Tighten the service caps—to reduce the risk of refrigerant leaks.
- Analyze air duct performance—to determine the duct system efficiency.
Call Us Today!
You can count on our Just Right Heating & Cooling team to provide top-notch services and products for your Salt Lake City, UT, home. Reach out to us today to schedule a free consultation. Call us at (801) 302-1154 or request service online.