How Often Do I Need to Schedule Furnace Maintenance?
As summer comes to a close, it’s time to start thinking about your Salt Lake City home’s heating equipment!
That’s right—fall is on its way, and it is the best time for you to schedule a maintenance visit for your furnace. At Just Right Heating & Cooling, we recommend having professional maintenance performed on your furnace at least once every year. Let our experts step in so we can prepare your system for the season ahead!
No matter what heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) service you need for your Utah home, you can trust that our professionals will handle everything Just Right!
Why Is Fall the Best Time to Schedule Furnace Maintenance?
The best time to schedule HVAC maintenance is right now before fall arrives. After all, it starts to get pretty cold here in Salt Lake City early in the season.
Scheduling service during the fall helps ensure the efficient operation of your furnace and reduces the risk of a breakdown—which nobody wants to deal with during the winter!
Reasons Why Furnace Maintenance Is Important
Here’s an overview of why it is critical to have maintenance on your furnace each year:
- Helps you save money: You can count on your furnace operating more efficiently with scheduled maintenance. A more efficient system translates to reduced heating costs! You’ll enjoy optimal system efficiency and lower your utility bills.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), you could save up to 30 percent on your energy bills with preventative HVAC maintenance services . That’s a significant amount of savings!
- Reduces the risk of system failure: Problems can crop up with any equipment. Routine inspections, cleanings, and maintenance help ensure there are no issues—and if there are minor issues, they can be taken care of before they get worse and more costly to repair.
- Extends the service life of your equipment: Taking proper care of your furnace by scheduling routine maintenance helps to support reaching its full service life. Get the most out of your equipment by keeping it maintained, and then you can stay comfortable year after year with reduced risk of premature failure.
- Keeps you compliant with your manufacturer’s warranty: Most manufacturer’s warranties require you to maintain your equipment. Remain compliant by scheduling maintenance so that if you ever need to make a claim, you will be eligible to do so.
How Do I Know If My Furnace Requires Repair?
Here are some potential signs of a problem with your furnace that may warrant a repair:
- There’s a concerning smell coming from your furnace.
- Your home has poor indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Your furnace is making an unusual sound.
- There are hot and cold spots throughout your home.
- It takes a while for your home to become warm.
- Your furnace won’t turn on.
- You noticed a large increase in your heating bill.
- Your furnace is not blowing out warm air.
Our Just Right Heating & Cooling professionals will assess your furnace and determine if there are any issues. Big or small, we can tackle the issue! We will take care of it so you can enjoy uninterrupted comfort.
Schedule Service for Your Furnace Today
It’s never too early to schedule a fall maintenance visit for your Salt Lake City, UT, home’s furnace. Our Just Right Heating & Cooling professionals are here to help keep you comfortable and ensure that you feel Just Right no matter the season! Call us today at (801) 302-1154 or request service online.